Search

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Raid Naked Evolves

I stepped away from blogging for quite some time because I felt that it was not working for me. It has to be a rewarding venture for the author as well as the readers. I felt at the time that the blog had no defined direction. After much thought on the subject I realized that it was a reflection of myself and my gaming style and preferences. I have never had any desire to be a hardcore raider, rarely do I choose to pvp, can't stand farming, and playing the market bores me after awhile. What does this mean? Well, I'm probably like the vast majority of mmo gamers. I like the variety of the game, being able to switch around to new aspects of the game as one wears on me is exactly what attracts me to mmo's.

What does all of this mean for the blog and the reader? Well, I think it means that from here on out the blog will be dedicated to explaining and detailing what I am doing at the time and why I chose to do it. For example currently my cousin and I are leveling yet more alts in an effort to recruit new players to our guild that have little or no experience with the game. We are trying to see if we can groom players to our style for end game. It's not working out well but we are still trying.

So, in closing I will be blogging yet once again and look forward to seeing where this all goes.

2 comments:

Jaedia said...

Oh that's a good idea, helping new players get into raiding without them feeling bad about themselves (which would happen in any random guild they'd have the gear/experience to get into) :)

Triv said...

It has been an adventure of misadventures. We have had little success with this venture. It's a very tough balance. I think the main issue comes from each player having a different gaming personality. What I mean by that is that each individual has to develop his/her own style and habits. Yes, they can be groomed to a point but their interest level and excitement seems to wane when they are given a path to follow rather than forging their own until they learn enough of the nuances of the game to adapt to new ideas.

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.